symptoms of [mal]function

can you see the signs?

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

gee,i wonder if i'm adopted


Now,we all know how babies come about don't we? How we get our darn good-looking features, and why strangers think your brother's your boyfriend because you're 6 tones lighter than him...all that DNA, Watson/Crick stuff...
But don't you think that sibs. should actually resemble each other personality-wise at least to some extent? I mean, they've grown up in the same family (usually), eaten the same good 'ol homecooked/ ta-pau food, lived under the same discpline etc.etc. Environmental conditioning.

Have you met my sis?
Not to say we're too different....
She stacks up the dishes BEFORE washing them. I randomly pour huge amounts of soapy water and "dunk,dunk,dunk".

She's punctual ...and organised;
"My friends are coming for the school presentation practice at 7, I have a violin recital at 8, I must eat dinner by 6:45."

Me: " Ma, I have tuition"
"What?!? What time? I haven't cooked dinner yet!"
"Nevermind-lah, tuition's at 7.30"
"What time is it now?"
"Um....7.20.....oh..."

In the mornings, she gets up before me, gets ready, then wakes me up for the 3rd time.By the time I've hauled my lazy self out of bed and get downstairs..not only has she eaten, she's gotten MY breakfast ready too...
I forget to take the trash out, am perpertually living on an adrenaline rush (read: masa tak cukup), and feed my procrastination habit way to much.


And I'm the older one. *sighs*

ah well...at least I can brag about my her....:P