symptoms of [mal]function

can you see the signs?

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

You can't win with me


If you say to me
"How are you doing?"
With such sympathy and meaning in your voice
I’ll reply,"I'm fine," and brush you off
Because to talk about my troubles
Would mean to appear flawed
If you see me
And don't mention
The obvious ache I have
I'll think you don't care about me
But if you do say something
It might make me feel worse

You can't win with me.

If you say," I'm sorry you hurt so much”
It is hard for me to reply to that.
What do you expect me to say?
I want to say,"I'm sorry too!"
or "It's Awful!"
I want to scream,"It's not fair!!"
But I won't
Because I don't want to upset myself today,
Not in front of you.
So I reply, "Thank you."
That thanks means so much more than that.
It means thanks for caring,
For trying to help,
For not giving up
If you don't know what to say to me
That's all right
Because I don't know what to say
To you either
If you see me smile or laugh
Don't assume that I’m okay
Don't give up on me,
Please don't give up.
I need your attempts, however feeble,
However trite you might feel they are.

You can't win with me
But still,
I need your thoughts.
I need your prayers.
I need your love.
I need your persistence.
I need all that
*adapted from someone elses thoughts..can't remember the link though..*