symptoms of [mal]function

can you see the signs?

Monday, January 22, 2007

Ack!

I think I'm doing better this time round.

At least I don't feel like I'm walking around waiting to mess up.
More importantly I've got a better gripe on living on my own. :)
(Yes, I know..all new students moving out for the first time ..etcetc.)

I dunno, I have this inability to appreciate the fact that you just need time, most of the time. (wahahaha..yesla, my sense of humour is around nil these days)

I've been learning to relax and tell myself it's okay to be normal.
It's okay to complain about crappy schedules and boring lectures and to say stuff like "die-la, die-la..i haven't started doing my (insert assignment here)".
I don't have to beat myself up over the slightest mistake. I don't have to microscopically look at my day.

Does this sound like I'm making excuses for myself?
I don't know.
But I'm a lot happier and focused.
Hey-I might even start believing that people actually enjoy my company at times.
(But let's not get too far ahead now..)

I've also been jogging consistently. Twice a week, a minimum of 30 minutes each time.
Am really out of shape-I have to take so many breaks in that half-hour span!
Next month-inline skating!! :D
The morning quiet time routine has (finally) stuck. *cheers*

I've also settled into a very pleasant domestic situation..
Grocery shopping, late night suppers, home-cooked dinners, friendly housemates, limitless Wi-fi, interesting events, a church and chinese soap-operas. *grins*
I have nothing really to complain about. God has been abundantly provident!!

(However, I do really need a bunch of people to study with. People to bounce ideas off and to question my answers. Or even just one person would be good)