symptoms of [mal]function

can you see the signs?

Thursday, December 21, 2006

I recently met up with some friends, some of whom I haven't seen in a while.
One of them suddenly struck me as a remarkably sweet guy.
Hm..I never noticed that trait before

Most of the guys I meet these days are either:

(i) Highly intelligent in utterly useless matters.

(ii) Highly intelligent and falling over themselves to ensure everyone else knows so.

(Note that I used the words most and these days. There are nice guys out there, I know quite a few! :P )

But this unpretentious chap was not really be bothered with proving himself.
It was quite ironic-I meet a sweet guy and realize that I’m incapable of holding a decent conversation with him.

Glib conversation didn't work and attempts to cajole light, fluffy talk failed miserably.
We talked about .... stuff.
Which was surprisingly relaxing. Just talking, listening. Laughing.
No one-liners or quick comebacks…just talk.

I should do this more often.