symptoms of [mal]function

can you see the signs?

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thoughts on the mind

Have not been writing for a while now.
Now all I can come up with are hopeless rambling emo stories.
Or maybe I'm listening to too much music from The OC soundtrack.

2 items playing through the mind:

'He listens for her gentle breathing.
Sounds of slumber leading into the realm of wakefulness.'

'We were not meant to live like this:
Hollow persons seeking to eke some semblance of achievement.'

I wonder if all this is really necessary.
Intelligence, eloquence, sophistication (add your current pursuit!)
If at the very next second all of humanity was blotted out-leaving only you.
And all memory linked to a living entity was cleared, what would that leave you with?
My theory is that you’d be an emotionless being.Sterile.

Sometimes I wonder if emotions are the one flaw in the creation of mankind.
I’ve been told otherwise.

I have this undertone of melancholy. I think it comes with being cynical.
Suprisingly though, I can and have been really, really sweet.
(I hope I’m not deluding myself by thinking so!)
They say that kids leaving home and moving to the ‘city’ find it hard to stay Christian.

I’m finding it hard to stay anything ;)
It’s loneliness rather than anything else instigates change.