symptoms of [mal]function

can you see the signs?

Friday, June 16, 2006

Fridays

Work is not as un-fun as my peers make it out to be.
Spent the day tidying or rather 'dejunking' my shelves. Its amazing that one tiny 4 shelf colorbox can generate enough trash for a heavy-duty rubbish bag. And this is after one cleaning earlier this year. What it is I keep I have no idea myself.

For people who've known/put up with me long enough...they'd know that I actually LIKE tidying. Its quite therapeutic : )
I just can't begin to explain the kind of 'oomph', filling bag after bag with junk gives me.
I also clean like some deranged housewife when I'm upset. Wipewipewipescrubsscrubpolishwashclean.
It saves me a bundle, on future anger management classes I tell you : P

To save this from being a totally pointless entry about ME.
I will also blog about cell group :D

Due to foreseeable circumstances CG wasn't held in any of the members' homes this week. Instead we had it in Mint-Hope, which is one of the church ministries which reaches out to cancer patients.
Mint-Hope operates from this refurbished 1930's (?) kinda old shophouse. (If you've been to Kluang, it's one of the many, many old shophouses in the town area, the kind with painted tiles in front, tall ceilings and heavy wooden shutters.)
Didn't bring the camera -_-
But it's been done up quite nicely. A local artist also uses it as a gallery to display his paintings, which upon sale-will have part of the proceeds going to the ministry.

I love old buildings. The daydreamer in me likes to wonder what secrets were whispered between the walls. What happened to the generations who've passed through the doors.

Thinking about it, buildings stay around for a long time...generally speaking lah.
Men build things that are made to outlast them. We record, 'immortalize' events to pass on to those after us,
unconciously aware of eternity. Living lives with the hope that some small part of us trancends time.

Eternity. No more time. No past,present future. Everything would be now.
Imagine that.

Can you?
I can't.

[edit] 'unconciously aware' heh-what an paradox.