symptoms of [mal]function

can you see the signs?

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Creation

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I had a sudden urge to bake last Christmas..ended up making batches of cookies-which turned out pretty good :P
Originally meant to be given out to friends,I was too exhausted to decorate, wrap and drive around to give them..heh..talk about being lazy.
Ok,this blog entry does go somewhere-just bear with me-lah

You've ever made cookies? Or anything at all, a card, photoframe..painted a mug for your dad...the kerja kursus project in sec 3?

It's an good feeling, making something. Creating something physical that would only exist in your mind otherwise. In a way, I see God in that.

"So God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself;male and female he created them"
Gen 1:27

God created.

The full impact of that word never quite got to me before.
What we create as humans are inspired by what is already there.
Nature, photographs, books, people...
When God created,he did it out of nothing at all. It was all in him. Every single living and non-living thing came forth from him. Everything brand new. Never seen or made before.
Something that previously never existed came into being.

The world is more destructive than anything else nowadays. Maybe that's why we hungrily seek out objects of beauty...we strive to create pockets of all things good.

Creation can't stray too far from its Creator...but it sure had messed up badly enough.
Sometimes I'm just so ashamed of the whole human race-amazed at our folly, at God's mercy and grace.But there are still days where little flickers of hope remain..in the love I see in my family, in the support I get from my friends.

Yet I am confident that I will see the Lord's goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the Lord.Be brave and courageous.Yes,wait patienly for the Lord.
Ps 27:13-14