symptoms of [mal]function

can you see the signs?

Monday, November 01, 2004

it's back!

My computer's back! it's fixed!
heh...the dependency of my life on this grey-blue heap of metal and wires amazes me.
On the other hand..it’s pretty amazing to discover that there’s actually other things to do….:P
Been making myself useful around the house these days..(there must be little evil elves in my laundry basket…clothes keep appearing!!)

9 more days to the holidays…the much-sought/dreamt/awaited 2 month break…well..almost 2 months.
This will probably be the first “cuti akhir tahun” that I will actually NEED to study (Can you believe the amount of stuff form 6 students have to cram into their heads?!? Do I hear ‘ayes’ from the others?...or maybe I’m just plain lazee…)

And I’m proud to announce that I (finally!) got to do my first dissection…yes, yes I know…ketinggalan zaman…but this is Malaysia….where practical lab-work is usually done “in theory.” So anyway, my lil’ specimen was donated from a merciful classmate, who’s garden somehow contains large insects all around. She actually had TWO! ( It’s a lot when I couldn’t even find a measly snail in my garden okay…..)
Green, ugly and a descendant of some immortal race. My grasshopper was 4.5 inches ( we had to measure) and took forever to die! Ish.

My friend had a more romantized view of it though.
“ See, at least they’re dying together!”
Preservation of dead insects is actually fun. A bit sick……but fun. Especially you’re your lab partner keeps asking you to see if the specimen is really dead. And when you can send her off the stool at the slightest sound. Yep…...my lab partner though so too.

On another note, my sister is visually-impaired. Temporarily. Some guy stuck his elbow into her eye during basketball. Thankfully, the only injuries were a cut below the eye, some brusing and that she didn’t get to make that shot. She's going to get that guy next week. :p. Sisters.