symptoms of [mal]function

can you see the signs?

Monday, April 02, 2007

Thoughts from a tired mind

WARNING:LONG POST.

This is the 2nd time in a row that I've had to spend the whole day of the weekend doing college stuff.
Last week was that adventure at the zoo.
This week was mutiple research paper presentations.
Thank goodness the semester ends in 3 weeks.

Men (and boys if you decide so) good looks will only get you so far okay?
Out of all the groups presenting, the guys in the groups just didn't cut it for me.
Either it was some kind of dry textbook rendition of exactly why such and such a thing would cause such and such a thing...or a guy with an ego too big for him to handle well.

BUT!
See? There's a but! :) the 2 guys in the last session I went for were articulate, well prepared and not sickeningly condescending. I was actually interested in what they had to say.
It's really not that hard.

:D

Went to church in bangsar this week, figured it was better than sitting my bum down in some frigid room waiting for another student to reci....i mean present research findings.
Lovely weather today, all windy and rainy. No sarcasm here.

Met a guy while waiting for the bus. Talked. Told him where I was headed.
Apparently Christians have high-arched eyebrows because all we're good for is looking up at heaven.
Got told that he'd rather burn in hell than go to heaven with Christians.

I got on the bus when it came.
Sat down and regretted it immediately.
Why in the world was I heading for church when I should have been there-talking with this guy under the tree with rain drizzling down?!
Then there was that small incident with the taxi driver shortly after.

I don't want to be in heaven with me either.

-_-
God, give me the strength to do the little things and not live looking for big breaks.

I tried to stay awake during the rest of the later sessions by writing stuff down:

Sincerity is self-deception at its best.


You have no idea how it feels to wait.
Waiting doesn't kill you,
it gripes your heart within
a clasp of passionate longing. driving its barbs of doubts,
fear ripping out naive ideals.
Alas, no man can live without waiting-so in waiting he will
crave, treasure and appreciate that which has been so long in coming.